“Location unavailable in iMessage” is a very common problem for iPhone users and today we are going to fix it. There’s a very specific cause for this problem, and it’s one that can be readily fixed. Things that were once impossible are now feasible thanks to technology. There are many disadvantages to GPS tracking, whether you’re tracking someone for their protection or as a beacon to find them. Also, sharing your location with other iPhone or Apple device owners is a breeze. Families or loved ones may be able to always find out where you are if you share your location forever with them. For iMessage and other iPhone Apps that enable location sharing, you must be signed in to iCloud.
The iPhone’s location services employ cellular, Wi-Fi, and GPS data to identify your place, so be sure to keep that in mind when using it. iMessage makes it easy to share your geolocation in this way. A live location may be shared for an hour, a day, or permanently with your contact list. However, if you encounter a particularly inconvenient situation when revealing your location, your efforts may come to a halt. Many people’s lives have been plagued by the “Location Not Available” problem in iMessage.
What is the reason for Location Unavailable in iMessage
Several iPhone users have claimed that the “Location Unavailable in iMessage” function does not work. The following is a list of probable causes for the issue:
- If your friends or family members are linked to your smartphone, the date and time may be inaccurate.
- If you’re having trouble connecting your iPhone, it’s possible it’s been turned off.
- It’s possible that the iPhone’s cellular or Wi-Fi connection is disabled.
- It’s probable that your iPhone’s Location Services are disabled or limited if the “Share My Location” option is greyed out or doesn’t work.
What is the issue, basically?
Your actual location or your real-time location can be shared using iMessage. However, many people discover that although sharing their present location is no problem, revealing their real-time location is proving to be more difficult. When users share their location with others through iMessage, the map instead displays the message “Location Not Available.” There are occasions, though, when it’s due to a simple oversight of a permit that can be easily fixed. As long as permissions are already in place, it can be a pain to correct. The best thing is that this does not need to be the case. Here’s how to repair it.
Verify that the permission hasn’t been denied
- Select ‘Privacy’ from your iPhone’s settings by scrolling down and tapping on it.
- Select ‘Location Services’ under privacy options.
- Check to see if ‘Location Services’ is enabled by clicking the ‘Location Services’ toggle.
- Verify that ‘Find My’, as well as ‘Messages’, may access your location. To alter the setting on one of them, open it and change the setting to “While Using”.
- Once you’ve done that, go back to the settings menu and touch on your Apple ID name card.
- Select the ‘Find My’ tab.
- Now, you Tap “Share My Location” to turn it on. Users using iMessage will not be able to view your location while Location Sharing is turned off for ‘Find My’.
- As for permissions, if they were previously enabled, it’s time to go on to the next step.
Verify that you’re revealing your location from the correct device
There might be a problem with numerous devices misleading your iPhone about where to send the location from. That’s what those who switched from one iPhone to another noticed.
Fortunately, this problem can be readily cleaned up.
- From your iPhone, navigate to Settings and touch on your Apple ID name card at the top of the screen.
- Additionally, all of the devices that use your iCloud account are listed in your Apple ID information. Your prior phone number should also be included. To open it, simply tap on it with your finger.
- Then, select ‘Remove from account’ from the drop-down list.
- As an alternative, you can delete a device directly from your computer’s internet browser. Now, there is a need to Sign in to the iCloud website with your Apple ID. To change your account settings, select the “Account” menu item.
- They’ll have a list of all of your gadgets displayed there. To delete a gadget, click on it.
- You’ll be presented with a second dialogue box listing all of your devices. If you want to delete the device, click on the ‘Remove device’ (x) symbol next to it, and then click on “Done”.
- Locate Location Services in Privacy settings on your iPhone after you’ve removed the device.
- Switch it Off and On again after a few seconds, and you’re ready to go!
Ask your contacts whether they can see your location when you resend it in iMessage and check if they can. You should no longer see the warning “Location Not Available.” Instead, your current location should be shown.
If it’s an additional gadget that you still operate rather than an old device that you’ve replaced, you don’t like to delete it from your account. Although it should not cause any issues, if it ever does, you can quickly correct it.
Re-enter the password for your Apple ID on the device from which you want to share the location. Afterward, select ‘Find My’. This information may be found in the “Find My” section of the settings. From the drop-down option, you need to pick “Use This iPhone as My Location”.
After moving your device, the location sharing should change from ‘Not Available’ to your current position practically instantly. In the event that this technique does not work, you will also need to reset Location Services in the Privacy settings.
If the location of you or anybody in your family isn’t visible in iMessage, you’re not the only one. For the most part, you won’t have to rub your brain for too long. Hopefully, one of the two solutions above will be helpful.