Smartphones have evolved significantly after their introduction to the globe, but talking on the phone without access to a mobile network has remained a utopian dream. Luckily, the recent arrival of Wi-Fi calling has resolved this problem. You may also use a robust Wi-Fi network to make phone calls. So here is everything you need to understand about it and also learn how to turn off WiFi calling on Android.
What does Wi-Fi calling entail?
Wi-Fi calling is a new function that makes it possible to create voice calls over a Wi-Fi network on LTE-enabled Smartphones. This function was included to increase connection, but it is also critical when it comes to confidentiality and safety.
When you’re engaged to a Wi-Fi network, Wi-Fi calling ensures that you get the most out of your connection, irrespective of how many signal bands your smartphone has.
How do you turn off Wi-Fi Calling on an Android phone?
According to your brand, you can implement one of the guidelines below.
If your supplier isn’t included here, you can follow the general advice at the bottom of this page. Let’s get this game started.
Turn Off Wi-Fi calling on Google Devices & Devices using Stock Android
- First of all, you need to select Network & Internet from the Settings app.
- Now, the next move is to select ‘Mobile Network’ from the drop-down menu.
- You have to confirm that the VOLTE toggle is turned on at the topmost.
- Then your next job is to select ‘Advanced’ from the drop-down menu.
- Select ‘Wi-Fi calling’ from the drop-down menu.
- To disable Wi-Fi Calling on your smartphone, switch off the Button at the upper end.
- That’s all there is to it! On your Pixel smartphone, Wi-Fi calling is now deactivated.
The Process to Turn Off Wi-Fi calling on Samsung devices
- You have to launch the Phone app and click ‘Settings’ from the 3-dot menu symbol in the upper right corner of the window.
- The next job is to hit the Wi-Fi calling toggle to turn it off.
- That’s all there is to it! On your Samsung handset, Wi-Fi calling should now be off.
The Process to Turn Off Wi-Fi calling on OnePlus
- All you need to do is to click on ‘Wi-Fi & Internet’ in the Settings menu.
- Now, you should pick ‘Wi-Fi calling’ from the drop-down menu.
- The next move is to tap ‘Sim & Network’ from the drop-down menu. You need to pick your current Sim with a touch.
- Next, you are eligible to deactivate the ‘Wi-Fi calling’ toggle.
- Go on ‘Calling Preference’ once it has been deactivated.
- Choose ‘Call over mobile network’ from the drop-down menu.
- That’s all there is to it! On your OnePlus smartphone, Wi-Fi calling must now be off.
The Process to Turn Off Wi-Fi calling on Other Devices
- In your Settings application, you can quickly discover Wi-Fi calling. If your maker isn’t listed above, kindly head to Settings and search under your Sim card choices for Wi-Fi calling.
- It’s normally at the same spot where you can change your Sim settings like VOLTE, APN, and other things. Disconnect the Wi-Fi calling toggle after you’ve discovered it, and it should be deactivated on your smartphone.
- In the event that your gadget is unable to make and receive calls, seek a setting labeled ‘Calling Preferences’. This feature allows you to make calls via your cell network manually.
The Troubleshooting Procedure for Wi-Fi Calling
Based on your equipment, area, and internet network, you may encounter a few challenges while utilizing Wi-Fi calling.
Here are some of the most frequent issues that people have while utilizing Wi-Fi calling, and how to fix them on your device. Let’s get this party started.
What if you won’t be able to make calls?
If you’re having trouble making calls, consider the following solutions.
- You should alter your preferred method of communication.
- You should try Wi-Fi calling on and off at any time.
- Reboot your smartphone without your SIM and then insert it when it has rebooted.
- If you’re still having trouble making calls, contact your network operator since it might be a limitation in your current pricing plan or a problem with your SIM card.
What should you do if the option isn’t available on your device?
This implies that Wi-Fi calling isn’t supported on your smartphone. It might be because of your phone’s chipset or its Wi-Fi specs.
Because Wi-Fi calling is a console function, there is no way to activate it on incompatible handsets. In such circumstances, you may rest certain that your device’s Wi-Fi calling has been blocked.
What to do if the call quality is bad?
Bad call quality is frequently a symptom of a problem with your mobile network’s connection. To resolve your mobile network troubles, we suggest that you attempt the following solutions.
If your smartphone’s network problems persist, we suggest consulting your network provider to resolve the problem.
- It’s possible that you’ll need to change your APN configuration or buy a new SIM.
- Switch the Airplane mode on and off.
- You can try rebooting your smartphone.
- Re-insert your SIM card and make any changes to your device that your network operator has provided you.
- For a better connectivity network, try altering your locations.
Here are some frequently asked questions regarding Wi-Fi calling that will get you started.
What are the Benefits of Using Wi-Fi for Calling?
Wi-Fi calling has several benefits, the most important of which is better call clarity and accessibility. If you have Wi-Fi connectivity, you don’t have to depend on the number of bars your SIM receives to make phone calls.
Other benefits of utilizing Wi-Fi calling on your smartphone include the following.
- According to your package, you can make cheap or free international calls.
- You can save your data by using Wi-Fi calling.
- With a higher Audio Bitrate, it also improves call quality.
- In comparison to video calls, these calls have low bandwidth.
We wish that this article has made it simple for you to switch off Wi-Fi calling on your Android smartphone.