Webex is a business video conferencing program that enables members to remotely meet in practically any place across the world. Hosts can initiate meetings and then send out invitations to attendees through email. They may also record meetings and save them to the internet or straight to their laptop for later use. This article will explain to you how to record a Webex Meeting.
Who has the ability to record a WebEx meeting?
You can only record a WebEx meeting if you are the meeting’s host. Administrators and presenters can, therefore, alter a participant’s position to ‘Host’ rank and give over meeting privileges to allow them to record a session if necessary.
Because WebEx doesn’t allow host and co-host capabilities, so only one folk is eligible to record meeting at a time.
The Process to Record a Webex Meeting as a Host
When compared to other video conferencing services, WebEx features the most basic recording possibilities. You just need to press the ‘Recorder’ icon on the meeting settings menu at the end of the conference window once you enter a meeting as a host in WebEx.
WebEx will prompt you to choose a destination to keep the recording document; for simple navigation, set up a dedicated folder for your WebEx recording files.
When the recording starts, a ‘Recorder’ management menu appears over the recording symbol, with buttons to halt and terminate the recording.
The meeting pane will also show a recording symbol so that all attendees are aware that the meeting is being taped.
Select the ‘Recorder’ bar at the bottom of the conference screen to pause or stop the recording at any moment during the meeting. You have the right to click either the ‘Pause’ or ‘Stop’ keys after that.
As a participant – Here’s is the Method to Record a Webex Meeting
If the admin permits it, you are able to record meetings as a participant. But in case you do not find the record button then you need to request for recording.
The Process to Record a Webex Meeting as a Participant on Mac
Webex is also compatible with Mac, and the Mac OS X software has recording capabilities. You only require the presenter’s consent if you’re a participant or visitor. Your account is the only thing that determine the location of the recording, much like on Linux and Windows.
The procedures for recording a Webex meeting on a Mac are as follows:
- First of all, you need to launch the Webex software on Mac.
- Attend a conference with the presenter and turn on the recording options.
- You may pick the Record button – a ring symbol – at the foot.
- With a premium subscription, you may store the recording online or immediately on your Desktop computer.
- If you just have a free trial, a dialogue message will open inquiring where you want to keep the clip.
- Then hit “Save” when you’ve chosen your location to save your recording.
- You have the ability to stop recording by selecting “Stop” from the pop-up menu.
You can tape as much of the session as you want as far as you get authorization. You may also halt the recording using the pop-up. This is useful if there are parts of the video that you don’t want to distribute.
The Process to Record a Webex Meeting as a Participant on Windows
Webex was designed for Windows, so it’s no shock that the recording capabilities are available on Windows 10. You may easily record any session as long as the appropriate circumstances are satisfied. Simply ensure that you have enough disk space on your device or on the cloud.
To capture a Webex meeting on Windows 10, follow the steps given:
- First of all, you need to open the Webex app on your Windows PC
- Afterward, the next step is to attend a conference with the presenter and turn on the recording options.
- You may pick the record button, which is a round icon, at the base.
- Then click “Save” when you’ve chosen your location to save your recording.
- Webex should now commence capturing when you see a recording pop-up.
- You may stop recording by selecting “Stop” from the pop-up menu.
- Lastly, you can also hide or show the recording pop-up by clicking the record button.
The Process to Record a Webex Meeting as a Participant on the iPhone
The administrator may also manage the installed recorder for Webex participants on the iPhone Webex software. You can begin recording after you have received authorization. When compared to desktop versions, the resolution on mobile is reduced.
Here’s how you use an iPhone to record:
- First of all, you should open the Webex app on your iPhone.
- Now your next step is to participate in a meeting.
- Now slide down to the bottom and press the Record button.
- You can stop recording once you’ve finished by pressing the Stop button.
- The recording will be kept permanently on your device.
- Only your device’s storage or an SD card may be used to preserve recording on a mobile device. Ensure your iPhone has sufficient room to record a lengthy conversation.
The Process to Record a Webex Meeting as a Participant on Android
On Android, the procedure is quite the same, and all you need are the rights and adequate RAM. Because most Android handsets include Micro SD card ports, adding memory to save a ton of data is simple.
- For Android, follow these steps to record a Webex meeting:
- First of all, you are required to visit the Webex app and open it.
- Then participating in a meeting is the next step.
- Now go down to find the record button and press the Record button.
- You have the capability to stop recording once you’ve finished by pressing the Stop button.
- The recording will be kept locally on your phone.
You may indeed use Google Drive or another tool to transmit the document to a computer or straight to your colleagues. You may clear up storage on your device and still retrieve it with internet access if you preserve it on Google Drive.