Remote Desktop Software is a kind of software or a feature which grants permission to the local system desktop environment to run remotely in one of the systems while it is actually on some other system.
The word “Remote” – refers to a local connection.
In simple terms, Remote Access Software’s helps the user to access any other user’s machine in its local system through software over the same network for any business purpose issue like desktop sharing, remote control, file transfer, etc.
These tools are heavily used by organizations help desks for troubleshooting the issues faced by the client, thereby saving time and reducing the complexity and increasing customer satisfaction accordingly.
How Does Remote Access Software Work?
When a user starts a remote desktop session, the client system transmits a signal through a standard listening port via the internet to the system which is acting as a host asking for access to connect and login.
Now the system which is acting as the host responds back asking for login credentials which it checks in the list of the remote desktop user through an internal validating process.
After user login, the user can see the data or screen of the hosted system and can perform the operation and have control over the system just like the user who is working in the local system.
Multiple connections in Remote Desktop is not possible, and if one tries to connect then the connection will be automatically terminated.
Benefits Of Remote Desktop Manager
Given below are the benefits of Remote Access Software:
- The sole benefit of working remotely is by virtualizing concept and thus increasing the productivity of an employee.
- Remote Desktop Connection Software provides good security of data and information as you have a team which looks after the server against the security breach.
- Cost saving increases as a company do not have to invest in new servers or employees for that.
- Easy access to data across worldwide in just a few minutes thereby increasing productivity.
- Management of the accessibility to the team becomes a lot easier.
There are many Remote Access Software available in the market among which the top tools are mentioned below with all the necessary details for the user to decide which tool is better for their organization.
The best all-round remote desktop software of 2019
Price: £31.90 per month single user, £59.90 per month multi-user
TeamViewer 14 is perhaps the best-known remote desktop software in the world, and for good reason, as it has support for a huge amount of platforms that allows you to remotely access a PC using a number of devices. Most recently, TeamViewer has added support for Samsung’s DeX technology, which means you can use Samsung’s smartphones like the Galaxy Note 9 to remotely access your PC. Best of all, there’s a free version for home users, which lets you test out the software before you commit. It supports 4K desktops, includes a VPN alternative and easy file sharing. Easily the best all-round remote desktop software in 2019.
A quick and easy way to control remote PCs through Chrome
If you want a quick, easy and free remote desktop software, then Chrome Remote Desktop is an excellent choice. It can be quickly installed as an extension for the Chrome web browser. Users can create a PIN to allow other PCs to log in, though you will need a Google account. It’s very easy to use, and best of all it’s free, so you can give it a try to see if it’s right for you. The downsides is that it has limited features – even compared to other free remote desktop software – and you need to have the Chrome web browser installed.
Built by us, DeskRT is an innovative codec that forms the foundation of AnyDesk. It compresses and transfers image data between computers in a way that no competing product is able to do.Perform tasks smoothly, even with bandwidths as low as 100 kB/sec. AnyDesk is the remote desktop software of choice for areas with poor internet connectivity. Enjoy a fluent on-screen experience, with 60 fps on local networks and most internet connections.
Access your computer from your desk, your home office or the nearest meeting room, all with ease. Require unattended access while on the go? You’ll just need to set a password.Run AnyDesk on your chosen platform, be it Linux, Windows, Mac OS, FreeBSD, iOS or Android. Plus, use mobile apps at no extra charge. Downloading AnyDesk is simple, even when you’re on the go. At just 3MB, AnyDesk is considerably lighter than the competition.
- Connect the desktop environment of individual Windows client devices and servers via remote access
- Enable instant support and live administration through remote control of all connected Windows devices
- Take advantage of a smooth remote desktop connection in Windows due to AnyDesk’s breath-taking frame rates, bandwidth efficiency and imperceptible latency
- Work together easily and communicate online using remote access to Windows desktops
The best free remote desktop software
Remote Utilities for Windows is our pick for the best free remote desktop software in 2019. It allows you to connect up to 10 computers, and comes with a number of features that you’d expect to find in paid-for remote desktop software. Remote Utilities comes in two parts; the Host software, which is installed on the PC you want to control, and the Viewer software, which you install on the computer you want to use to control the remote PC. You can also run the Viewer software without installing it, and there’s an iOS and Android version of the app for viewing the PC on a mobile device. The downside is that it only works on Windows PCs, so if you use a Mac, you’re out of luck.
Zoho Assist is multi-functional remote support software that helps you with remote support, access to unattended computers, and screen sharing.
Zoho Assist supports Windows, Mac, and Linux computers, Android and iOS devices, Raspberry Pi devices, and Chromebooks, so you can support a wide range of clients. Technicians can initiate sessions from their favorite browser, or the desktop or mobile application.
Zoho Assist’s pricing starts at an eye-catching $8 and is worth every penny if you are working with a tight budget.
Features of Zoho Assist are listed below:
- Multiple features that aid troubleshooting includes file transfer, instant chat, run as service, multi-monitor navigation, and quick launch options to access the command prompt, control panel, and other essential aspects of the remote computer.
- Easy management of unattended computers with features like computer grouping and departments.
- Bulk deployment options to configure large numbers of computers for unattended access.
- Customer data is safeguarded with features like data anonymization, breach notification, data encryption, role-based access, and customer consent for activities like file transfer, remote print, and clipboard sharing.
- The user interface is intuitive and clutter-free, making it easy for first-timers.
- Available at affordable costs when compared to other remote support software.
- Free cloud storage.
- You can record all sessions initiated from Zoho Assist.
- Multi-language support (French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, and more).
- Remote print works only for Windows.
- Only screen sharing is possible with a Chromebook.
52 total views, 1 views today